01 Sep Go The Distance, While Keeping Your Distance!
You don’t need fancy equipment or a lot of time – you can weave exercise into your daily schedule in many creative ways. Every little bit counts toward a healthier you!
- Yoga & daily stretching (10 simple stretches for daily health)
- Use free online exercise videos
- Do some heel raises while washing dishes
- Use canned food as light hand weights to build upper body strength
- When watching TV, get up & stretch or “lift” some canned goods during every commercial break
- Dance! Put on your favorite tunes & get your groove on!
- Home office: take a quick 5-minute, deep-breathing stretch break every hour
- Play imaginary games with children that involve crawling, jumping and skipping
- If you have stairs…use them! Take an extra lap or two up and down while doing daily chores
- Strap on those ear buds & take a stroll around your yard or around the block to soak up some much needed Vitamin D from the sun
- Get up early & walk around the block to watch the sunrise
- Take a bike ride around your neighborhood
- Even in a small amount of space outside, jumping rope is a great option for an outdoor workout
- When possible, walk or bicycle to local markets for small purchases rather than driving
- Plant a garden! Cultivating and maintaining a garden is good for the body as exercise and provides healthy nutrition as well
- Finish your day by walking around the block or climbing a tree to watch the sunset